Everyday 250 women die from breast cancer. Experts agree that regular breast screening is beneficial in identifying breast cancer and can save lives. The earlier the condition is found, the better the chances of surviving it. You are also less likely to need a mastectomy (breast removal) or chemotherapy if breast cancer is detected at an early stage.
City International Hospital (CIH) offers a digital mammography service which offers the highest quality digital imaging ever available in Vietnam. Potential advantages over film imaging include:
- 60% less radiation
- More effective for dense breasts as well as for women under the age of 50
- The ability to manipulate the image for clearer definition and easier retrieval of results for analysis
Breast Cancer Screening Package at City International Hospital (CIH)
Age </= 40
Age > 40
|Comprehensive medical history & physical examinations|
|Mammography/ or Breast MRI|
|Total cost of the individual tests (VND)||820,000||1,660,000|
|Package Price (VND)||700,000||1,320,000|
Who' s at risk for breast cancer?
All women are at risk for breast cancer and this risk increases with age. Other risk factors include:
- having a family history of breast cancer
- a past medical history of breast cancer and ovarian cancer
- early onset of menses, late menopause or having your first child after age 30
How to detect breast cancer?
Breast changes can be detected through:
- Breast Ultrasound
- Breast self-examination
Who should consider having digital mammography
Women aged 40-90 years are encouraged to have a mammogram every two years, while those 50 and above should be tested annually
What are the risk factors for breast cancer?
- Family history of breast cancer.
- First period before age of 12 or menopause at age 55 or older.
- Not having children or having children after age of 30
- Personal history of benign breast disease and/or unilateral breast cancer
- Overweight, obesity, drinking alcohol and smoking
What should you do if you find a lump or any change in your breast?
- Don' t panic because most women have some lumps in their breast. Eight out of ten breast lumps that are removed are benign (non-cancerous)
- Don' t apply any medication on your breasts
- Make an appointment with your doctor straight away for an examination
Power to women to conquer cancer
Breast and cervical cancer lead to thousands of premature deaths among women across the world. While breast cancer is the most common form of cancer among women, cervical cancer is the second most prevalent one. Both these diseases are likely to occur with the onset of adulthood.
Early detection of cancer ensures life-long happiness by dramatically increasing the survival rate. Cancer can be detected by screening. Early detection can lead to successful survival. We have designed special screening packages to help you detect the disease early
For appointment or screening service consultation, please contact:
- Ms. Võ Thị Mỹ Liên: (8428) 6280 3333, ext. 8424
- Ms. Nguyễn Thị Lệ: (8428) 6280 3333, ext. 8402
For appointment or more information about the services provided, please contact City International Hospital
- Operator: (8428) 6280 3333, ext. 0
- Address: Level 3, No. 3, 17A Street, Binh Tri Dong B Ward, Binh Tan Dist. (Next to AEON Mall Binh Tan). Ho Chi Minh City.
- Website: https://cih.com.vn/en/