Going to hospital for surgery or treatment can be stressful, but knowing what happens when you arrive and understanding our hospital’s admission process can help you settle in.
THE DAY BEFORE YOUR ADMISSION
We will contact you confirming: Time of admission, Fasting information, Any hospital costs to be paid on admission. We will also outline any special instructions you need to follow before arriving at hospital.
You will be instructed and explained about Admission application form (with guarantee and pledge).
In case you are admitted for surgery, you will be asked to make an advance payment as a deposit for the use of the operating theater.
We will also provide you an ‘Admission/Appointment Slip’ and a ‘treatment guidebook’.
The procedure is very simple at our cashier counters. The hospital admission officer will receive your admission application,, collect the full amount of the Hospitalization Expenses and complete the admission procedures.
The nurse will then coordinate with the admission officer to assist you to the inpatient department and receive your room.
During treatment, if you want to change the room, please notify the doctor, nurse at the department that you are treated to be resolved.
What to bring when you are hospitalized:
- Personal clothing when discharged.
- Your medical history
- Details of any medicines you are taking
(Please note: Do not use your own medication during treatment except for your doctor authorization).
- Identity card or passport.
- Your health insurance card: details of your private health cover or any other cover that might fund your hospital stay
Pediatric patient supplies Checklist:
- Comfortable baby clothes.
- Diapers if needed.
- Your baby's favorite toys (avoid Noisy Toys).
- Powdered Milk for baby.
Hospital provided items:
- Patient Uniforms
- Bedsheet provided daily or requested.
- Slippers, personal hygiene kit.
- Bath towels provided daily.
- 01 bottle of mineral water (1.5l per day) (additional cost for the next one)
- Hot water is provided regularly
Please do not bring:
- large amounts of money or several credit cards
- jewellery, televisions or other valuables (hospitals do not accept responsibility for any loss or damage that may occur to items you bring into hospital). Nurses will give you a password and a guide for in-room locker use for essential items during hospital stay.
Cancellation of a scheduled admisssion
In the event you wish to cancel your appointed hospitalization at CIH, we require that you notify us at least one working days prior to your scheduled admission:
- During office hours, Monday to Friday, 07:30 - 16:30: (028) 6280 3333 - Ext: 8035 - 8036
- Weekend or non-office hours (028) 6280 3333 - Ext: 8100 – 8101