City International Hospital's Vascular Intervention Unit (VIU) is staffed by some of the most experienced professional doctors, nurses and technicians from Vietnam and Overseas. Teams of surgeons, cardiologists, nurses and caregivers from various specialties work together in CIH's specialized departments and clinics to focus on the treatment of specific disorders. We pride ourselves in offering expert diagnosis, state-of-the-art technology, and unparalleled excellence in interventional procedures and patient safety. Our approach is to establish a well-coordinated plan that includes a close partnership among you, our patients, and your health care team, family, and friends.
Individuals during their appointment will be consulted on specific medical problems & questions by Dr. Tran Chi Cuong
The DSA system at City International Hospital is the latest incarnation of the Artis Zee with PURE® from Siemens Healthineers. It has been specified with the most up to date clinical applications based on the innovative PURE® platform including those for cardiovascular, neurovascular and peripheral vascular intervention technology from Siemens:
- Artis Zee is a proven and reliable system that delivers optimal image quality at lowest dose.
- This system offers 2 CLEAR and CARE packages that deliver excellent image quality at lowest dose.
- The CLEAR package lets the clinicians see the previously unseen so allowing for accurate mapping of the vessels and safer treatment for patients
- The CARE package allows for dose reduction for the same quality of image thus allowing for procedures to be done on children with a 60-80% dose reduction. This helps protect young brain cells from the possible damaging effects of radiation.
- The Vascular & Interventional Center is run to International standards with world class, protocol driven procedures.
- We are one of the only DSA in Vietnam to have single use catheters providing peace of mind and safety from infection and harm to our patients.
- We have partnered with Medtronic managed solutions to optimize our governance and inventory management to allow for the widest variety of the latest international equipment to be always available to our patients to provide the best care in Vietnam.
The AngioSuite is located on the third floor of City International Hospital, there is a variety of hospital rooms available to our patients from standard to superior, all of which are designed to provide you with maximum safety and comfort.
- Medical Gas Systems Installation
- Lighting system and medical equipment
- Fully-Electric Hospital Bed
- Individual air-conditioning system
- Private bathroom
- Premium Personal Care Kit
- Private TV
- Free Internet access
Congratulations to City International Hospital's 2018 Stroke Center
December 7th 2018, a new “Stroke Center” for emergency care and interventional therapies, joint-managed by City International Hospital (CIH) and founder of Vietnam Stroke International Services (S.I.S), has officially come into operation.
“It is important that the VIU, with its state-of-the-art imaging combined with highest-standard surgical facilities in the same working environment, is run by vascular surgeons. Patients get the most benefit if they are diagnosed, treated and followed-up by a specialist who is trained in the pathology, natural history, surgical options, peri-procedural complications and medical management, in addition to imaging based therapy, for their specific disease state,” concluded Dr. John Lucas – CEO of City International hospital
A Handshake that makes a difference in community healthcare Of Dr. John Lucas – CEO of City International hospital and Dr. Tran Chi Cuong – founder of SIS
A team focused on you
When you seek care at the vascular centers, everyone on the team is focused on you. This helps ensure better outcomes. City International Hospital's team-based, multidisciplinary approach to care means the services you need — such as vascular imaging, the physiology lab, endovascular therapy and surgical services — are easily accessible. Your test results are available quickly, and appointments are scheduled in coordination. What might take months elsewhere can often be done in days here.
Advanced diagnosis and treatment
- Cerebral diagnostic angiography
- Spinal diagnostic angiography
- Intracranial embolization aneurysm, AVM, DAVF
- Intracranial embolization of tumor with particles
- Extracranial embolization of vascular lesions
- Mechanical thrombectomy for stroke
- Carotid Stenting
- Other head and neck stenting including carotid blowout
- Vertebroplasty and /or kyphoplasty
- Pulmonary arteriography
- Superior vena cava gram
- Endograft placement
- Chest tube/drain placement
- Stenting of thoracic aorta
Abdominal and Pelvic
- Selective visceral angiography
- Renal angiography
- Adrenal angiography
- Pelvic angiography
- Inferior vena cava gram
- Angioplasty of renal vessels
- Stent placement including renal and abdominal vessels stenting but excluding EVAR
- Endograft placement
- Caval filter placement
- Caval filter removal
- Venous sampling
- TIPS (Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunt)
- Embolization other than chemoembolization
Genitourinary and Gastrointestinal Nonvascular
- Ureteral dilatation and/or stents
- Percutaneous transhepatic cholangiogram
- Internal/external biliary drainage
- Catheter / drain exchange
- Upper extremity arteriography
- Lower extremity arteriography
- Extremity venography
- Hemodialysis graft/ fistula study
- Embolization of peripheral vessels
- Thrombolysis / thrombectomy
- Stent placement
- Central venous access (non-tunneled/PICC line)
- Central venous access (tunneled/port)
- Percutaneous drainage
- Tunneled drainage (thoracic and abdominal)
- Foreign body retrieval
- Percutaneous radiofrequency ablation (RFA)
For appointment or more information about the services provided, please contact:
- Patient service: (8428) 6280 3333, ext. 8535
- Address: Level 3, No. 3, 17A Street, Binh Tri Dong B Ward, Binh Tan Dist. (Next to AEON Mall Binh Tan). Ho Chi Minh City.
- Website: https://cih.com.vn/en/