June 24, 2018, City International Hospital, Aeon Mall and Vietnam National Institute of Science are working together to hold a blood donation drive.
We can always do more to help others. Your contributions will go a long way to help patients who need blood and build resilience in our community.
SPECIAL OFFER: When you come to donate blood June 24, Free milk, 100,000 VND in cash and certificate of participation will be presented to you to show our appreciation.
Time: 8:30 - 11:30 a.m.
Location: Third Floor, Aeon Mall, Binh Tân District (No.1, 17A Street, Ward Binh Tri Dong B, Binh Tan District, Ho Chi Minh City.)
Dear Blood Donors,
Important information to get you well prepared before donating blood. Who can donate blood in Vietnam?
You can donate blood if you:
- are healthy
- weight from 45
- are aged between 18 and 60 (according to Circular 26/2013/TT-BYT from MOH)
Before Your Donation:
- Don’t stay up too late the night before. Eat a healthy meal or light breakfast before donating blood. DO NOT drink wine, beer, coffee and milk before donating blood.
- Remember to bring your ID or passport.
- Wear clothing with sleeves that can be raised above the elbow.
During Your Donation:
- Let the person taking your blood know if you have a preferred arm and show them any good veins that have been used successfully in the past to draw blood.
- Relax, talk to other donors or read during the donation process.
After Your Donation:
- Receive your gift before leaving the event.
- Drink more water and avoid alcohol over the next 24 hours.
- Keep the strip bandage on for the next several hours.
- To avoid a skin rash, clean the area around the strip bandage with soap and water.
- If the needle site starts to bleed, apply pressure to it and raise your arm straight up for about 5-10 minutes or until bleeding stops.
- Do not do any heavy lifting or vigorous exercise for the rest of the day
More kind words and simple gestures can go a long way to show someone else you care. Scheduling a blood donation appointment today at 1900636922 is a life-changing act of kindness. Let’s do more, together.