With more than 30 years of doing research and working in this field, especially Pediatric Anesthesia, Dr. Nguyen Tan Phuoc has held key positions such as Vice Chairman of Ho Chi Minh City Association of Anesthesia, Commissioner Executive Director of Vietnam Association for Anesthesia, Member of Executive Committee of Asian Pediatric Anesthesia Foundation. Dr. Nguyen Tan Phuoc also regularly organizes intensive medical training courses to share experiences and knowledge with other doctors. In particular, Dr. Nguyen Tan Phuoc also has joined in many scientific reports study in both national and international conferences.
Academic Titles- Ranks: Level I Specialist in Anesthesia and Recovery.
- 1997 - 1998: Resident Physician, Inpatient service, ClocheVille Hospital, CHU Tours, France
- 1992 - 2005: Anesthesia Specialist, Ho Chi Minh City Children's Hospital.
- 2005 - 2013: Head of Anesthesia Department, Children's Hospital
- 2013 - Present: Anesthesiologist, City International Hospital, Ho Chi Minh City
- Guest Lecturer, University of Medicine, Nursing Anesthesia Program
- Coordinator, Pediatric Anesthesia at Provincial Hospitals
- Coordinator and interpreter, non-governmental organizations in Viet Nam such as Children Action, InterPlast, La chain de L’espoir, International Volunteer in Urology, Orbis International, International Pediatric Specialists Alliance for the Children of Vietnam, East Meet West…
- 1991: General Doctor, University of Medicine.
- 1992: Basic Specialist Anaesthesia, University of Medicine
- 1999: AFSA (Attestation de Formation Specialise Approfondi).
- November - December 2006: training at UCSF, California, USA.
- 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011: Organizer, "Basic Pediatric Anaesthesia" training courses, Children's Hospital I
- 2009: Organizer, "Advanced Pediatric Anaesthesia" training courses, Children's Hospital I
- 2009: Organizer, “ Asian Pediatric Anaesthesia Conference”, Children 's Hospital.
- Carry out a series of national scientific reports, including Reports at Ho Chi Minh City Association of Anesthesia Conference, Central Vietnam Association of Anesthesia Conference, and Mekong River Deltas Association of Anesthesia Conference.
- Carry out a series of international scientific reports, including:
- Halothane - Clinical practice at Children's Hospital 1, Ho Chi Minh City. Association of Anesthesia Conference, Pattaya, Thailand (2007).
- Patient's knowledge and perception of pre-anesthesia at Children's Hospital 1, Ho Chi Minh City. Philippine Association of Pediatric Anesthesia Conference, Cebu, Philippines (2012).